Friday 28 January 2011

Hello

A couple more pages for the LTD grunge book swap. darkroom door 'vintage automobiles' was the set of stamps I used for the 1st page. After stamping with black stazon I inked the edge with Adirondack cloud dye ink. Then used UTEE and the cracked glass technique, took 3 goes to achieve the look I wanted! Finally I stamped some of the verses' with expresso and the others with versamark and gold EP though the embossing doesn't show too well in the photo

For the second page I used an adorable Mabel Lucy Atwell stamp from the Artistic Stamper. Love this image, it reminds me of my childhood reading those beautifully illustrated books. The image was stamped with Stazon timber brown and coloured with adirondack dyes inks. The Sentiment is one of Tim's 'Good thoughts' the flowers are also one of Tim's dies which I cut on the bigshot and inked with the same inks as before.
thanks for stopping by


'The wheels go round'
 

'So the saying goes'
 
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

jackiescrafts said...

Wow Joy your pages are fab
Hugs Jackie x

Shairon said...

Love the cracked glass technique Joy but have no idea how to achieve it. Great Mabel Lucy Atwell image - takes me back to a time of innocence.....ah those were the days! Is the saying a Clarity one?

Joy said...

It's one of Tim Holt's Shairon

Zoechaos said...

Fab pages Joy, great work on the cracked glass effect never managed to get a good result but you certainly have here. Love it! XOXO Zoe

crafty creations said...

Absolutely stunning Joy - love the colours you've used on them both and you have perfected the cracked glass technique

sam21ski said...

Someone is going to receive a couple of fantastic pages - they are both fab, especially love the cracked glass effect xxxx

Rach said...

these are fantastic.xx

Andrea said...

Stunning pages Joy,love em both xx

Anonymous said...

This message is simply matchless ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, I love these they are both fabulous. love the effect on the car one
also please pop by my dezinaworld site before 3pm today as i have a freebie shabby chic collage sheet but it will be gone at 3pm. Have a lovely day my friend
hugs June x

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy, tis me again lol
please pop by my dezinaworld blog as i have a new freebie to collect today
have a lovely day
hugs June