Friday 8 July 2011

Mixed Media tag

Hello I've been playing with mixed media stuff again, it is so much fun. Though I have an awful lot to learn. Try as I might I still don't get things right. I've been enjoying Kate Cranes DVD's ( link on right) Kate guides you through everything from start to finish, simply and slowly explaining everything. This large tag from Inkylicious, was created following Kates instructions using Dylusion's acrylic paints and some Golden fluid acrylics. The collage pieces are from Tumble fish studio and stuck down with gel medium. I had small texture stamp which I lightly covered with paint and stamped on to the background. I think I over did it with the bottle top stamping, but no matter, I am still quite pleased with it. It's given me the confidence to do a much larger journal page.
Thanks so much for visiting
Hugs Joy xx

 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant. You look like you are getting everything right to me. Look forward to seeing your journal page! Have a great weekend.
Regards Florence.

Shairon said...

Lovely wistful figure, Joy and no, I don't think you overdid the bottle tops. You've definitely come a long way on your journal journey now - well done! xx

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hello Joy
I love this tag. So colourful and fun. She looks a bit non-plussed haha!
x

jackiescrafts said...

I love your tag Joy and I don't think you over did the bottle top stamping
I look forward to seeing your journal page now

Have a lovely weekend
Jackie x

Isabelle Norris said...

Love your tag Joy, you did an amazing job. I can't wait to receive my DVDs too
hugs
isa

crafty creations said...

Fantastic artwork Joy I too think the circles are just right and love the way that you have done and grounded the image xx HIlda